Women's SIM Elite II Buoyancy Shorts
Neoprene Buoyancy Short
Train Like You Race® With the SIM Elite II Buoyancy Shorts
The SIM is the first practical triathlon and swim training tool to mimic the body position and experience of a wetsuit swim by lifting you up — without overheating from wearing a wetsuit in an 80°F pool. This patent-pending suit is a game changer. It's better than a pull buoy, because it lets you kick and turn naturally. It's also gives just a touch of warmth for those cold morning workouts. The SIM makes every swim a race-specific training workout. Once you try it, you won't ever want to go back. Note, these shorts are designed for the pool and should have excellent durability if you rinse them after use with fresh water and dry them thoroughly.
SIM ELITE II SIZE TIP
SIM Shorts are neoprene and will loosen slightly in the water. However, they do have a drawcord for adjustment.
SIM ELITE II DETAILS
Get the Fastest Body Position
The SIM Elite II lifts up your hips just like a wetsuit, putting you in the fastest position possible and helping your body develop the muscle memory you need on race day. Most top wetsuit manufacturers focus on buoyancy alone. Sure, wetsuits help lift you up, but that's not enough – and in some cases it can really get in the way of fast swimming. To get the fastest body position, you have to remove buoyancy, mass and resistance from the places you don't want it. With the SIM Elite II, we add buoyancy to the hips and legs, creating the fastest position possible. We also use Yamamoto's SCS coating to further reduce form drag. We're confident you'll feel the ROKA difference as soon as you jump in the water.
For the SIM Elite, we use the exact same materials as its big sister, the Maverick Elite Wetsuit. This provides the exact feel you'll have on race day. "Training Like You Race" begins with developing precise muscular and neurological adaptations — the SIM Elite lets you do that.
The SIM Elite is 100% premium Yamamoto neoprene from Japan. We use Yamamoto #39 SCS coated neoprene in varying thicknesses. #39 is a long-time favorite in premium triathlon suits and offers an excellent balance of performance and cost. SCS is Yamamoto's proprietary hydrophobic surface coating.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What is the difference between the SIM Elite II and the original SIM Elite?
There are two main differences:
- The SIM Elite uses a new waistband construction that adds comfort and improves the waistband seal so that less water enters the suit when diving in, pushing off the wall, or swimming.
- We've also updated the suit with a female-specific pattern to provide more coverage in the back and comfort.
Q: Can I wear the SIM in a race?
- The SIM is considered by USAT rules to be the same as a wetsuit. Therefore, you may wear the SIM in a race where wetsuits are permitted, but you may not wear it in a non-wetsuit race.
Q: Can I wear the SIM in the pool?
- Yes, absolutely. The SIM was designed for pool swimming. We've never had one returned for chlorine damage either. Just rinse it with fresh water after use and hang dry inside out.
Women's SIM Short Sizing
How to Measure
- Waist - measure the narrowest part (natural waist) of torso. Tape measure to be parallel to floor.
- Hip - measure fullest part of the hip. Tape measure to be parallel to floor.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
30 Day Return & Exchange Policy
Return anything you've purchased within 30 days of receipt of the item for a full refund or exchange (excluding shipping).
Read more about returns and exchanges, here.