1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS.
2. USE AND RESTRICTIONS.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and trade dress, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the "Marks") that appear on the Site are proprietary to ROKA or such marks' respective owners. You may not display or reproduce the Marks other than with the prior written consent of ROKA, and you may not remove or otherwise modify any trademark notices from any Content.
You further agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise make available on this Site any material protected by copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark or other proprietary right owned by a third party, and the burden of determining whether any material is protected by any such right is on you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from any Submission that you make.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own all Submissions posted by you on or through this Site or otherwise have the right to grant the licenses to ROKA set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Submissions on or through this Site does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, trademark rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, damages and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Submissions posted by you to or through this Site.
When submitting Submissions to or otherwise using this Site and/or the services, you agree not to, without limitation:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language.
- Discuss or incite illegal activity.
- Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
- Post anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Post any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission from the owner.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of such solicitation.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Alter the opinions, goals, profiles or comments posted by others on this Site.
This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. ROKA reserves the right to (a) terminate your access to your account, your ability to post to this Site (or the services) and (b) refuse, delete or remove any Submissions; with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that ROKA determines is inappropriate or disruptive to this Site or to any other user of this Site and/or services. ROKA may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at ROKA's discretion, ROKA will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on this Site or on the Internet.
These prohibitions do not require ROKA to monitor, police or remove any Submissions or other information submitted by you or any other user.
If you submit any feedback or ideas about our products and services to this Site, you hereby assign and agree to assign to ROKA all right, title and interest in and to such feedback.
Any Content offered or posted on the Site is subject to modification or discontinuation at any time and from time to time without notice or obligation to you. Without limiting the foregoing, ROKA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to charge fees for the use or purchase of, or access to, any products, services or Content offered through the Site, at any time and from time to time.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site may contain links to websites and other resources operated by third parties other than ROKA. Such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. ROKA does not control such websites, and is not responsible for the content, products, services or information offered by any third parties. The inclusion of links to such websites on the Site does not imply any endorsement of any website or the content, products or services offered, advertised, endorsed or promoted by any third party, or of any company or person. If you decide to access any third party websites or acquire any third party products or services, you do so entirely at your own risk, and you may be subject to the terms and conditions and the privacy policies imposed by such third parties.
9. WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMER
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
ROKA AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND THIRD PARTY PARTNERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, MULTIPLIED OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY LOSS OR OTHER DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY UNAVAILABILITY OR NONPERFORMANCE OF THE SITE, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, VIRUSES AND MALICIOUS CODE. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
11. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENTS
Notification: ROKA respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask you to do the same. ROKA may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate service and/or access to this Site for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on our Site, please provide ROKA's designated agent the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted and/or trademarked work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled at the Site, and information reasonably sufficient to permit ROKA to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit ROKA to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright and/or trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
12. GOVERNING LAW
Notice for California Residence
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210. More information here.